At Dentistry On Parkside, we offer the latest in orthodontic services with Invisalign clear braces.
Invisalign allows you to simply insert and wear a set of clear plastic aligners over a period of time. By progressing through your set of customised invisible aligners, your teeth continue to move and straighten into position. It’s that simple and that easy.
The Many Benefits of Invisalign with the Invisalign unique patented design you can enjoy many benefits, including:
- Clear aligners that are virtually invisible.
- Easy removal of the aligner – convenience for you to remove when you eat, and clean your teeth.
- Greater comfort – with Invisalign there are no metal braces and wires.
- No need for regular adjustment to metal braces – with Invisalign you simply progress to the next aligner in the series.
- A more aesthetic approach – Invisalign aligners are made of thin, discrete and transparent plastic.
With Invisalign clear braces, a range of treatments solutions can be provided to overcome:
- Overcrowding of your teeth
- Teeth spacing/gaps between your teeth
- Protruding teeth/buck teeth
- Non-central alignment of your front teeth (midline shift)
- Bite misalignment/overbite/bite correction
Depending on your particular case, the team at Dentistry on Parkside can determine if the Invisalign treatment programme is the best solution for you.
Teeth Straightening with Invisalign
Invisalign gradually moves your teeth using a series of custom-made, removable braces. At the start of your treatment we can show you, with our 3-D computer imaging technology your predicted new look. That way, you can get a clear impression of the likely end result, and your improved new smile.
What’s more, through straightening your teeth you can make a significant difference to having a healthier mouth and keeping your teeth for life. Teeth not properly aligned in your mouth can lead to periodontal disease and create abnormal amounts of stress on teeth and jaws, which leads to premature wear.
Be assured, with Invisalign you are not only improving the look of your teeth; you are also improving the long-term life and health of your teeth. All important steps in maintaining your long-term dental health and appearance.
The Invisalign Process
There are four stages to the Invisalign treatment, which are detailed below:
- This includes an initial on-site consultation to discuss your alignment requirements and any other relevant treatment issues. In this session we will discuss with you your treatment options including the suitability of using the Invisalign clear braces.
- Once we have determined that the Invisalign system will suit your requirements, we will progress with detailing a full treatment plan, so that you clearly understand each step of the process and what is required by you.
- Once you are comfortable with the proposed plan, we will progress with taking some initial impressions of your top and bottom teeth including some simple x-rays and photographs. This is necessary to ensure we fully understand all aspects relating to your teeth and their positioning. This information is also necessary for developing your set of clear customised aligners
Viewing of Predicted Results
- Approximately one month later we will schedule an appointment with you. In this viewing session we can show you a virtual digital show of how your teeth and smile will progress over the treatment period.
- That way you get to view the proposed path as you progress through the treatment. It also gives you the opportunity to ask any more specific questions about your Invisalign treatment.
Your Treatment Commences
- At this stage, we arrange for your customised aligners to be manufactured. This is completed offsite by a specialised Invisalign technician.
- When we receive your aligners, we arrange an appointment for your first fitting. This is the first in a series of fittings. Approximately every six weeks you return and are fitted with your next progressive aligner. Once your initial aligner is fitted, it’s important that you wear each aligner for 22 hours a day. This is critical to the success of the Invisalign treatment.
End of Treatment
- Once you have completed wearing the full set of Invisalign aligners we will review your teeth realignment results. In most cases the predicted results will closely mirror your new beautiful smile. However, if we feel further work is required we will discuss this with you, and proceed with a revised treatment plan to address any remaining areas of concern.
- The very final step is fitting a retainer option for you to wear (often just a night-time retainer) to ensure you retain your beautiful new smile.