Here at Dentistry on Parkside we pride ourselves on the creation of natural-looking dental crowns, most of which are produced in-house using our advanced CAD-CAM technology, alongside our other cosmetic dentistry solutions. Modern materials such as ceramic means we can provide you with a highly aesthetic result that makes you look good, is good for your gums and is personalised to your mouth so that you (and your friends) won’t even be able to tell you’ve had work done.
You can now have your teeth restored to look naturally beautiful. Cerec is an amazing technology, which allows us to use sturdy, tooth coloured ceramic materials, which return your teeth to their natural strength and beauty.
What is CEREC?
CEREC is a sophisticated CAD/CAM system for the production of all ceramic inlays, onlays, partial crowns, veneers and crowns for anterior and posterior teeth.
The CEREC treatment procedure means:
No conventional impressions. The CEREC 3D measuring camera scans the prepared tooth in just a few seconds. This eliminates the need for unpleasant silicone impressions.
No temporaries and no long waiting periods. CEREC restorations are milled out of a solid ceramic block in just a few minutes. they are then ready to be placed immediately. This eliminates the need for temporary fillings and crowns. It also means that you need only one appointment, and don’t have to wait for days on end until the ceramic filling is finished.
The CEREC procedure step by step
- Before treatment begins we inform you about the benefits of CEREC.
- After removing the decayed tissue or the defective amalgam filling we create a 3D image of the tooth with the aid of the CEREC camera.
- The restoration is designed on the monitor of the CEREC acquisition unit.
- The CEREC milling unit machines the restoration out of a ceremaic block.
- The milled restoration is bonded directly to your tooth.
Ceramic fillings with CEREC
- Do you want highly aesthetic, tooth-coloured fillings – created and placed during a single dental appointment?
- Would you prefer not to have an impression and a temporary?
- Do you prefer metal-free, biocompatible materials?
All this is now possible thanks to CEREC. And these ceramic restorations can be created and placed during a single appointment.
Click here to find out more about Cerec.
If you would like to arrange a consultation, or simply wish to know more about our dental clinic services in Ashburton, please Contact Us.